UPDATE TO BELOW ARTICLE (3/16/2020): WE HAVE CLOSED ALL OF OUR LOCATIONS FOR THE NEXT 14-DAYS (date of re-open subject to change).
With the Coronavirus (COVID-19) now spreading in the Denver area, we wanted to keep our members and community informed of all precautions that are being taken at all bēkn facilities. Our team continues to monitor information being put out by the CDC (Center for Disease Control), Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment and many other appropriate resources.
We are committed to providing a clean environment for our members and have put extensive cleanliness policies and procedures in place. Our staff is conducting regular and thorough cleaning of all high-touch surfaces (including tables, doorknobs, light switches, handles, etc.), bathrooms, and all equipment using strong disinfectants. Current measures in place include the following for each location:
- Regular facility cleaning with appropriate disinfectants, cleaning every couple of hours.
- Limiting the possibility of cross-contamination by removing water jugs and cups available for public use. Please plan accordingly and bring your own water bottle.
- Signage will be placed in all areas of our facilities reminding everyone to:
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20-seconds
- Use hand sanitizer
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands
- Avoid handshakes
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze or use the inside of your elbow
- Stay home when sick
- Drink plenty of water & other fluids consistently
In recent news, Gov. Jared Polis has ordered the cancellation of public gatherings in Colorado with more than 250 people. At the moment, bēkn facilities will remain open and should anything change in schedules, hours, or events/activities we will let you know immediately.
Please be sure to follow our social channels and email communications for updates surrounding our facilities. Additionally, below you will find helpful links answering a number of questions about Coronavirus (COVID-19).
Please take care of yourself, your health, and our community,
The bēkn Team
What is coronavirus? What is COVID-19?
What are the symptoms of COVID-19?
What can I do to prevent myself and others from getting coronavirus?
What to do if you feel sick.
Mental Health and Coping During COVID-19.
Helpful links to COVID-19 in Colorado.
Should you avoid the gym?